Happy Health Clinics is a leader in the foot care industry and offers professional treatment for all common complaints
General Foot Care Advice
- Wash your feet daily with warm soapy water, especially between the toes and dry them thoroughly.
- Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Do not cut at the corners or the sides as this can lead to ingrown toenails.
- Examine your feet regularly. Seek early treatment for any changes in colour or temperature, cracks or cuts in the skin and any changes in nail colouration.
- Foot pain is not normal. If pain is persistent, go to your local clinic.
- Corns and calluses can be kept under control with a pumice stone or a foot file, if they are quite severe go to your local clinic for professional care.
- Be sure that your shoes fit properly. Poorly fiited shoes can be the cause of many foot complaints. When purchasing shoes, it is ideal to do this later in the day when the feet are at their largest.
- Choose shoes that are appropriate for any activity that you engage in.
- Always replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
- If you play sports or use the gym, use flip flops when you enter the changing room or shower area, as these wet areas can be a breeding ground for verrucas.